hu-track: professional, software-based workflow for all aspects of printing inks (provided by QuadTech)
hu-track software facilitates fast, accurate press-side corrections of ink formulations. The hu-track software seamlessly integrates with the ink recipe software without any modifications to the press. The software not only simplifies workflow, but also significantly reduces the number of ink corrections needed to achieve an accurate, optimal colour.
Meeting the quality and consistency demands of brand owners has become increasingly difficult. QuadTech, in partnership with ColorConsulting, has developed a “colour expert in a box” that automates the process of delivering absolute consistency from press-to-press, shift-to-shift, and plant-to-plant.
With human colour experts, three to five colour corrections on start-up are typical to get the right colour for a new job. Difficult colours can even take six to eight corrections to achieve the target colour. hu-track can achieve a precise colour in just one to two corrections. No other software solution offers this level of press-side connection for colour measurement and printing ink management.
- Direct connection from customer inputs – data files, printed product examples, ink samples, digital recipe guides, colour samples, etc. – to new colour formulations and press-side correction
- Easy-to-use user interface that requires little training
- Press-side colour formulation correction
- Accurate inline and press-side spectral colour measurement
- An optional, patented web stabiliser for more precise colour measurement accuracy on a variety of substrates by stabilising the web during inline measurement, and performing measurements on transparent materials using ISO-certified black & white backing tiles.
- Single solution for colour measurement and colour formulation correction
- Integrates with the printing ink software: database searches for the best recipe colour match
- Optional Job Set-up module allows complete job configuration off-press which saves set-up time. The relevant data is immediately available to the ink kitchen and the pressroom.
- Store and quickly recall commonly-run jobs, set up next jobs remotely, set up the next job while the current job is running.
- Manage and correct overprinting
- Ink consumption monitoring with "virtual ink scale" alerts operators to remaining ink levels in individual ink units and eliminates the need for ink scales on each ink unit.
- Delta E best-match function based on ink strength adjustment, and "perifarbe" colour correction calculations reduce the number of new colour formulations.
- Save colour measurement data for quality assurance and recording colours.
- Optional hu-weigh function helps the operator weigh the exact quantity of ink for the correction.
- Simplified, flexible, automated colour management workflow for flexo and gravure packaging applications
- Dramatically reduce the number of ink corrections needed to achieve an optimal colour
- High return on investment due to reduced ink consumption and paper waste
- Increased press productivity due to faster set-up times
- Comprehensive colour expert function
- Compatible with water-based and solvent-based printing inks
- Easy to install on any press type, irrespective of the press manufacturer
- No need for weighing scales on each ink tank
- Quick and convenient access to data for high colour quality assurance
- Absolute colour consistency press-to-press, shift-to-shift, and plant-to-plant
- Meet and exceed brand owner expectations
- Offers a new competitive advantage to attract brand owners and print buyers
- For more information, please contact your hubergroup representative.